HARMAN PHOTO Professional Inkjet GLOSS FB Al Paper is a premium quality, nanoporous paper on a true photographic fibre base. The base for this product is specially chosen to give creamy whites and velvety blacks and makes it the professional choice for inkjet black and white photography and portraiture. It is designed to produce instant dry high quality images on a wide range of photo-dedicated inkjet printers, using dye or pigment inks. Uniquely the paper incorporates a layer below the ink-receiving layer called Baryta. Baryta is a special coating that is traditionally applied to fibre photographic paper base prior to coating with the emulsion layers. The technical benefits of this layer include greater detail and definition, extended tonal range, and excellent archival properties. In addition Baryta coated fibre papers have a unique look and feel which have become the standard for fine art photographers worldwide over the course of more than a century. The paper contains Alumina, which gives a high degree of glossiness, optical image density and vibrancy.
- Wide tonal range and deep blacks
- Unique Air Dried Surface Finish
- Enhanced shadow and highlight detail
- Fibre base inkjet media with new anti-curl technology
- Real photo fibre base look and feel
- Instant dry
- Compatible with dye and pigment inkjet printers
- Excellent archival qualities
THE BENEFITS OF BARYTA
Baryta is a special coating, which is traditionally applied to fibre photographic paper base prior to coating with the emulsion layers. What are the advantages of using Baryta coated fibre papers?
- Greater detail and definition. The Baryta layer prevents the emulsion layer soaking into the fibre base and enhances detail and printed blacks.
- Extended tonal range, whiter whites, deeper blacks.
- Baryta coating enhances the whiteness of the base and combined with deeper blacks gives an enhanced tonal range, with greater detail in the shadows and highlights.
- More desirable look and feel. Baryta coated fibre papers have a unique look and feel, which have become the standard for fine art photographers worldwide.
- Excellent archival qualities. The chemically stable substrate, proven over a century of real world use, prevents image degradation. Baryta fibre papers are the benchmark for archival photographic images.